02 Ott UPP – Protection Project Manager – Giordania
Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Protection Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Giordania. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 20 ottobre 2019.
Protection Project Manager – Giordania
Position Title: Project Manager.
Location: Amman – Jordan.
Period: 1 year with 3 months probation.
Closing date: 20th October 2019.
Starting Date: November.
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte per… started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through awareness raising and advocacy campaigns, cultural exchanges, humanitarian and peacebuilding projects. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels. Since 2012 UPP implements several programs to assist Syrian refugees.
In Iraq, during the last 20 years the association has been implementing projects in the fields sanitation, culture and education thanks to the support of Italian and international donors.
After the 2003 conflict, UPP started to support Iraqi civil society in its effort to protect the cultural heritage, the human and environmental rights, the minorities, and to defend freedom of expression and association. Following the last regional conflicts the association has been also active in the field of humanitarian interventions, first aid and on-going distribution of basic living needs.
In North East Syria UPP implements mostly emergency projects to support the Medical response.
In Jordan UPP has been present in Jordan since 2004, working in partnership with civil society organizations in projects concerning the reform of family law, health care, psychosocial and legal assistance for refugees, protection and assistance of migrant workers and the creation of job opportunities for Jordanians and refugees. Since 2011 UPP supports the country in responding to the growing flow of refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict and is an active member of emergency work groups in the fields of Livelihoods, Education, Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Health, MHPSS. UPP is also an active member and focal point in the task force on disability (DTF), and implemented several projects in the governorates of Amman, Irbid, Karak, Ma’an and Zarqa in benefit of over 75,000 among the most vulnerable individuals in refugee and local communities.
Learn more at: www.unponteper.it
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per… is looking for one Project Manager that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
- Setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Ensure, together with the administrative office, the overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
- Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
- Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
- Performing any other task relevant to the project and position assigned by the Head of Mission and the Desk Officer.
- University degree;
- 5 years professional experience in project management in international NGOs;
- Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting actions;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives;
- Excellent knowledge of the guidelines set out by AICS;
- Excellent oral and written Italian and English;
- Experience in Protection related Projects;
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others);
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work, working under pressure and matching deadlines;
- Experience of writing project proposals;
- Working experience in Jordan;
- Team working skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Excellent computer literacy skills;
- Proactive attitude.
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors;
- Knowledge of Arabic.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com. Please reference; “Protection Project Manager” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.