02 Ott UPP – Medical Supply Stock Manager – Nord Est Siria
Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Medical Supply Stock Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Iraq. Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 30 ottobre 2019.
Medical Supply Stock Manager – Nord Est Siria
Context presentation: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Un Ponte Per works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organisations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions.
For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
Entering year 8 of the Syria crisis, conflict continues to expose civilians to acute humanitarian needs in health, WASH, Shelter, NFI and protection. In North East Syria (NES) widespread displacement, destruction of basic services and increased exposure to protection risks is on-going. In response, UPP and other partners have established different programs to face the current evolving situation.
UPP as a health partner will contribute to programs’ integrated and harmonized multi-sectoral packages of essential services for vulnerable conflict-affected populations through Health, Shelter, WASH and protection interventions. The programs also include the establishment of a common Rapid Response Mechanism for addressing future humanitarian needs. The planned outcome is to improve the health status of the conflict-affected population with a view of building the capacity of local actors and the resilience of communities in NES.
- NES-LOG – Medical Supply Stock Manager – North East Syria and Iraq – 12 months, from.
October -main project activities Health.
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per… is looking for a Medical Supply Stock Manager that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
With the project manager and the medical advisors, contributes to the logistics strategy including pre-positioning investments and identify local procurement requirements for each emergency scenarios
- Develop a key logistics training/induction programme for any local and national staff in need;
- Under the direction of the HoM contribute to revisions or strengthen of country Emergency Preparedness Plans as and when appropriate;
- Ensure that the donor minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility, supporting relevant staff as required;
- In agreement with the Head of offices in Iraq and Syria and their logistic staff takes the lead on medical logistics aspects of deployment including importation from humanitarian hubs, transport, warehousing, recording and reporting of drug supply and medical equipment;
- Support non-medical logistics;
- Ensure quality standards of drug management are met for each module deployed which will include warehousing, cold chain management, stock rotation and control, pipeline management, consumption monitoring and ordering;
- Responsible for supervising the correct maintenance of medical equipment;
- Train public and partners’ health facilities in safe waste management of drug and medical supplies;
- Recruit, train and manage national logistics staff involved in medical logistics staff, together with HR.
- University degree in relevant sector or equivalent working experience;
- At least 3 years professional work experience in Logistic in NGOs;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities;
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach;
- Determined and committed to high quality standards;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and professional approach;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Ability to travel in the Middle East with the same ability of a Western European passport owner. Ability to travel in Europe.
- Experience in Emergency projects;
- Work experience in Medical Logistic in NGOs;
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Italian.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “LOG – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. . In case you are interested also in other positions published in the same period, please apply with just one email and indicate your preferred order. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please name the files attached to your application as follow: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc. Note: Due to the urgency of this position Un Ponte Per reserves the right to screen applications on a rolling basis.