28 Feb UPP – Project M&E – Siria
La ONG Un ponte per sta selezionando un/a Project M&E da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 3 mesi rinnovabili. Scadenza candidature 17 marzo 2018.
Project M&E – Syria
Duration: 3 months with possible extension.
Starting from: 1st April 2018.
Deadline: 17th March.
Un ponte per… (UPP) is an Italian Ngo and no-profit organization established in 1991. It began its activities as “Un Ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of bombings on Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in support of the Iraqi civil society.
Later on, the Un ponte per… activities have been extended to Serbia and other MENA countries.
In Iraq, during the last 20 years the association has been implementing projects in the fields sanitation, culture and education thanks to the support of Italian and international donors.
After the 2003 conflict, UPP started to support Iraqi civil society in its effort to protect the cultural heritage, the human and environmental rights, the minorities, and to defend freedom of expression and association. Following the last regional conflicts the association has been also active in the field of humanitarian interventions, first aid and on-going distribution of basic living needs.
The team is based in North East Syria (NES) for most of the time with frequent visits to the project locations and to the other UPP offices in the area. Trips to field are done whenever the situation allows. The UPP mission in NES is currently working in several locations and supporting PHC and hospitals. Most of the medicines and equipment provided to these health facilities are imported from the neighboring Iraq, through the territory of the Kurdistan Regional Govt. Social and political situation together with the ongoing war pose a number of daily challenges to the supply chain.
Organization setting: the appointed Project M&E refers directly to the Project Manager and Head of Office and Desk Officer and M&E Advisor in Rome.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting process by gathering and reporting on quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities, and establishing monitoring systems to reinforce the project’s progress;
- Leads the writing of monthly reports to the HQ, contributes to quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting;
- Lead in operational decision making to manage the various components of the project dealing with M&E data collection, verification, and reporting;
- Support optimization of the project’s team and implementing partners for the collection, use, and management of M&E and other reporting data;
- Collaborate with the PM in response to donors requests and/or changes in the operating environment to update or revise expectations as necessary;
- Oversees data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators, as defined by the project and donor, by team members and project counterparts;
- Supports the PM in the implementation of feedback, and assessments from project evaluations to inform changes in project approaches.
- At least two years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least two years of experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, including impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on civil society or transitional governance related programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Strong English language skills required;
- Minimum of two years of overseas field-based experience required.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com. Please reference; “Administrator Syria” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.