28 Feb UPP – Project Administrator – Siria
La ONG Un ponte per sta selezionando un/a Project Administrator da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 3 mesi rinnovabili. Scadenza candidature 17 marzo 2018.
Project Administrator – Syria
Duration: 3 months with possible extension.
Starting from: April/May 2018.
Deadline: 17th of March.
Un ponte per… (UPP) is an Italian Ngo and no-profit organization established in 1991. It began its activities as “Un Ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of bombings on Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in support of the Iraqi civil society.
Later on, the Un ponte per… activities have been extended to Serbia and other MENA countries.
In Iraq, during the last 20 years the association has been implementing projects in the fields sanitation, culture and education thanks to the support of Italian and international donors.
After the 2003 conflict, UPP started to support Iraqi civil society in its effort to protect the cultural heritage, the human and environmental rights, the minorities, and to defend freedom of expression and association. Following the last regional conflicts the association has been also active in the field of humanitarian interventions, first aid and on-going distribution of basic living needs.
The team is based in North East Syria (NES) for most of the time with frequent visits to the project locations and to the other UPP offices in the area. Trips to field are done whenever the situation allows. The UPP mission in NES is currently working in several locations and supporting PHC and hospitals. Most of the medicines and equipment provided to these health facilities are imported from the neighboring Iraq, through the territory of the Kurdistan Regional Govt. Social and political situation together with the ongoing war pose a number of daily challenges to the supply chain.
Organization setting: the appointed Project Administrator refers directly to the Project Manager and Head of Office.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out project financial management ensuring UPP and donors financial requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner whilst assessing potential risks.
- Register all the expenses according to UPP and donor procedures.
- Prepare financial documents and reports for HQ and donors ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial rules set within the given deadlines.
- Support UPP Project Manager in the administration of the project, especially in the financial management, including local staff contracts definition, cashbook management and updating, bank reconciliation, procurements and financial reporting according to donor’s rules.
- Support the PM in the preparation of the budget new proposals with specific inputs on the budgets.
- University degree in accounting or equivalent working experience.
- At least 3 years professional work experience in finance in NGOs.
- Experience of financial reporting and grant management with a range of external donors.
- Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines.
- Effective financial management skills and knowledge of finance systems and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach.
- Determined and committed to high quality standards.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and enthusiastic approach.
- Fluency in English is required, Arabic is an asset.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com. Please reference; “Administrator Syria” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.