22 Feb 014. “Emotional Well-being, Art and Youth Work” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Emotional Well-being, Art and Youth Work”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Gulesin Nemutlu Unal (Norvegia)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: The aim of the course is to increase youth workers’ competences in using art methods to support emotional well-being of young people.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 30 May – 5 June 2022.
Venue place, venue country: Balestrand, Norway.
Summary: We invite youth workers to learn more about how to use art in supporting emotional well-being of young people. The course provides knowledge on emotional well-being, practical art workshops and reflection sessions about the role of youth workers.
Group size: 25 participants.
For participants from: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries.
Target group: Youth workers.
“Emotional Well-being, Art and Youth Work” is a training course for professional and/or voluntary youth workers working directly with young people in a regular basis. The aim of the course is to increase youth workers’ competences in using art methods to support emotional well-being of young people.
• To provide knowledge regarding emotional well-being which is specific and relevant within the professional limitations of youth work;
• To develop basic practical skills for applying creative and artistic methods (such as creative writing, ebru painting, forest art, etc.) in order to address emotional well-being when working with young people;
• To inspire and motivate youth workers to use new methods and reach out to young people in a holistic and sensible manner;
• To explore the relationship between creative and artistic methods and their influence on the well-being of young people;
• To exchange, expand and improve youth workers working methods by sharing best practices, methods and context-based learning from different realities, communities, and youth groups, in relation to emotional well-being;
• To expand youth workers knowledge about youth exchanges and youth participation activities within Erasmus+ programme.
The invitation to apply to this training course is for you if you are:
• a professional and/or voluntary youth worker working directly with young people on a regular basis;
• at least 18 years old;
• able to communicate and learn in English;
• able to start using what you learn in the training in your everyday work.
The training course will be hosted in Balestrand, Norway. Art is a driving force in this community, and it is the soul of the village. Artists have been drawn to this village since the 19th century, attracted to the unique features of this area and have established an artist’s “colony” in the village. Today, various artists are using their skills and art in different social projects. The location of the village, in the hearts of the fjords, with superb nature location and breath-taking views at every step, preserved and cherished by the local community will enable deep reflection, foster well-being in general and also inspire participants to appreciate the role of nature and how nature impact the status of emotional well-being. The local host, Creative Connections Norway, is based in Balestrand and uses art as a methodology in their work with young people to create arenas for meaningful experiences. The organisation has an art workshop where local youth are getting in touch with different forms of art activities and also have the possibility to create and develop their own artistic projects. Unfortunately, the venue of the training course is not wheelchair accessible. The selected participants will be informed by 21st April 2022 by e-email.
Disclaimer: The training course will be implemented in line with updated health and safety regulations. All participants will be hosted in single rooms. In case the pandemic makes a physical training course impossible, the course will be postponed.
This project is financed by the participating National Agencies (NAs) of the Erasmus+ Youth Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting NA of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your NA or SALTO in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 2 April 2022.