19 Gen 006. “Social inclusion in Action: All special, all equal” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Social inclusion in Action: All special, all equal”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Shirin Hodzheva (Bulgaria)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: The project “Social Inclusion in Action” aims to build the capacity for quality work with young people with fewer opportunities, and to increase the quality of youth projects, making them more accessible to young people with fewer opportunities.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 8-15 April 2022.
Venue place, venue country: Sofia, Bulgaria.
Summary: The project “Social Inclusion in Action” aims to build the capacity for quality work with young people with fewer opportunities, and to increase the quality of youth projects, making them more accessible to young people with fewer opportunities.
Group size: 34 participants.
For participants from: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain.
Target group: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Volunteering mentors.
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
The project has a duration of 24 months (from 1st May 2020 till 30th April 2022) and consists of two project activities: “Social Inclusion in Action: the beauty of cultural diversity” training took place from 19 to 26 August 2021 in Emen and brought together a total of 34 participants who are working on the inclusion of young people with cultural differences (immigrants, refugees, or descendants of immigrant or refugee families; representatives of national or ethnic minorities; people experiencing difficulties with their language adaptation or cultural integration). “Social Inclusion in Action: all special, all equal” training that will bring together a total of 34 participants who will focus on the inclusion of young people with physical disabilities (motor, visual and mental), from 8th till 15th April 2022, in Sofia.
The objectives for the upcoming activity are:
• To improve the understanding of youth workers about the specifics of working with people with physical disabilities (motor, visual and mental);
• To increase knowledge on how to reach and involve young people with physical disabilities in everyday life activities of partner organizations;
• To provide youth workers with concrete ideas and tools for the inclusion of disadvantaged young people;
• To provide a set of specific methods for training and supporting young people with special needs in their involvement in various activities at local and international level;
• To encourage a positive attitude towards the implementation of projects with the participation of disadvantaged young people;
• To develop skills for empathy, acceptance and non-discrimination;
• To increase the attitude towards acceptance, solidarity and the promotion of social inclusion.
The profile of the participants we are looking for is:
• Age 18+;
• Youth workers, social workers, mentors, coaches of youth initiatives and solidarity projects, volunteer coordinators, trainers, facilitators, activists;
• Participants may have experience working with young people with physical disabilities (motor, visual and mental) who wish to share with other participants and increase their knowledge and develop their competencies;
• So far have no experience and wish to start promoting and supporting the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities;
• Youth leaders who can turn into multiplayer and peer-to-peer trainers;
• Willing to share knowledge, ideas, useful tips;
• Willing to participate in the creation of the Toolbox for Social Inclusion;
• Able to understand and express themselves in English;
• Are committed to attending for the full duration of the event;
• Are committed to doing a follow-up/dissemination activity to be implemented in their country after the training.
There is NO participation fee.
Accommodation and food
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and breaks during the training duration will be provided by the organizers. Insurance will be also provided by the organizers. The participants need to bring European Health Insurance Card as well. All participants will receive Youthpass upon successful completion of the training.
Czech Republic – up to 275 Euro; Cyprus – up to 275 Euro; Germany – up to 275 Euro; Hungary – up to 275 Euro; Italy – up to 275 Euro; Poland– up to 275 Euro; Portugal – up to 360 Euro; Romania – up to 180 Euro; Serbia – up to 180 Euro; Slovakia – up to 275 Euro; Slovenia – up to 275 Euro; Spain – up to 275 or 360 Euro (depending on the place of departure) Turkey – up to 275 Euro; Bulgaria – up to 20 Euro.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 22 February 2022