21 Set GUARDAVANTI – Livelihood Expert – Kenya
GuardAvanti per il Futuro dei Bambini sta selezionando un/a Livelihood expert (Assistant Project Officer) da inserire nella sua operatività in Kenya. Durata: 18/24 mesi prolungabile fino a 36. Scadenza candidature: 02 ottobre 2022.
Livelihood expert (Assistant project officer) | Kenya – Kilifi district
Reporting to: 1° Project Manager, 2° Desk Officer.
The livelihood expert (Assistant project officer) will follow the project activities managed by Guardavanti and facilitate the coordination with and between all project players, including government representatives, NGOs, other service providers, and local communities’ groups.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- The LE will supervise, in coordination with the Program Manager, local project teams in different areas of the Kilifi district, ensuring the development and implementation of quarterly, monthly and weekly implementation plans;
- The LE will organize training courses for eco-sustainable agricultural activities;
- The LE will organize and carry out activities to locally promote sustainable tourism initiatives;
- The LE will prepare communication and fund-raising content to be used by GA office in Italy;
- The LE will develop a local network for the organization (local registration of the NGO and administrative duties) and provide on side assistance for field activities and missions involving Guardavanti volunteers and members;
- The LE will help Guardavanti in developing its local strategies for the future.
- Academic studies in Development, Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences (education, anthropology, sociology…);
- Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office package;
- Fluent in English.
Additional requirements (optional):
- Previous working experience in Project Management (1 year or more) in community involvement/community development projects and/or information management Experience in coordinating community-based activities is an asset;
- Experience in purchasing and tender is an asset;
- Experience in coordinating surveys and regular data collection is an asset;
- Previous experience in Kenya is an asset.
18/24 months with the opportunity to be prolonged to 36 months – the project will end by august 2025.
Salary To be defined based on previous experiences.
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.