21 Set CESVI – Project Manager UNHCR – Tunisia/Libia
Cesvi Fondazione sta selezionando un/a Project Manager UNHCR da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia/Libia. Durata: 6 mesi, rinnovabili. Scadenza candidature: 09 ottobre 2022.
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of the leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target populations.
In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision and support to CSO. This includes centre-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education, community development and social inclusion at the local level.
- UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli).
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Misrata and Zwara).
- EU: PEERS II: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata).
- EU-DG NEAR CSO: Strengthen the capacity of CSOs and informal groups in the South and East of Libya.
The collaboration will start in early October 2022.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular missions to Libya (Tripoli). 50% of the time is envisioned to be spent in Libya.
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the project, in close coordination with transversal roles supporting this project: Technical Unit, Area Administration, Operations, Security and MEAL staff.
The project: Protection and Life Saving Assistance to refugees and asylum seekers in Libya
Refugees and asylum seekers experience several challenges to access basic services provided by the Libyan Government and, in many cases, lack a proper and sustainable safety net to support them. The intervention focuses on improving resilience, through an integrated approach in partnership with IMC and NRC. The proposed intervention will achieve the expected outcomes through the following activities:
- Protection monitoring system.
- Comprehensive need-based service provision.
- Support to UNHCR in the logistic management of the response.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of Cesvi’s UNHCR project in Libya, managing and overseeing the quality and timely implementation of the project and its activities, and supervising the Centre Manager.
Ensure that project activities are implemented on time and according to the approved project documentation
- Definition and implementation of project activities, ensuring that project activities are implemented on time and according to the approved project document.
- Monitoring of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the Senior Management team (SMT).
- Coordination with project partners for the activities to be implemented; drafting of MoUs to be submitted to HQ for revision (Legal dept) and authorization of signature (desk officer).
- Coordination with SMT, for projects implemented in the same area to avoid duplication and overlapping and promote synergy of intervention.
- Ensuring the correct filing of project documentation.
- Financial management, procurement procedures and purchases related to the assigned projects, in collaboration with the local administrator and under the supervision of the HQ accountants for the correct allocation of costs.
- Management of project donors’ relations, in coordination with the HoM.
- Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor (through the HQ when necessary) ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period.
- Ensure proper filling of project documents.
- Management of the relation with project’s stakeholders, involving the SMT when strategic for Cesvi work in the country.
- Contribute to the definition of the internal procedures manual.
- Efficient management of the office, goods and means.
- Coordination with HQ and SMT for visibility activities related to the assigned projects.
Human Resources management
- Coordination of Cesvi staff assigning specific tasks and objectives to ensure the achievement of the goal of the project, according to MoU provisions.
- Local staff selection and training according to the project’s activities and in compliance with applicable procedures and safe recruitment procedure.
- Direct coordination of project’s staff in agreement with the HoM recommendations, ensuring alignment with administrative and security matters.
Development of Cesvi presence in the country
- Participation in sectorial clusters, sharing a periodical update with SMT.
- Support in analysis and needs assessments for new projects.
- Contribute to Cesvi’s strategy on the field.
- In coordination with the SMT and the HQ, contribution to donors’ relations and promotion, through meetings and presentations of new donors’ acquisition, both through taking an active part in forums and workshops and through the direct organization of ad hoc meetings.
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law and/or Cooperation and development or another appropriate field.
- Solid experience in project management (over 5 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting.
- Sectorial Experience in Protection and Cash programming in a similar context.
- HR staff management of national staff in challenging environments.
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability.
- Experience delivering programs to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and flexible approach in dealing with project tasks.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Ability to produce high-quality narrative reports and timely contributions to project proposals.
- Able to mentor and provide in-person and remote support to program staff.
- Able to apply participatory approaches to engaging with and mobilizing communities.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating programs with a strong focus on GBV and CP.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop the capacity of national staff.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
- Capacity in networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders.
- Adapts and copes with pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, facilitates a collaborative environment among colleagues and stakeholders to promote effective coordination.
- High level of IT skills (Office package).
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated locations with ever-changing security scenarios.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Experience in protection integrated cash assistance including Individual Protection Assistance and Cash.
- Experience working with community-based accommodation schemes and other alternative shelter solutions in emergencies.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Prior experience with UNHCR.
- Prior experience in Libya or working in security-sensitive environments.
- Knowledge of Arabic.
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
For more information and applications please consult the following link.