10 Set CCM – Health Advisor – Sud Sudan
Comitato Collaborazione Medica sta selezionando un/a Health Advisor da inserire nella sua operatività in Sudan del Sud. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 24 settembre 2019.
Health Advisor – Sud Sudan
NGO: Comitato Collaborazione Medica – CCM
Location: Juba, with regular missions in the field Station.
Contract duration: one year (with possible extension).
Start date of contract: 1st November 2019.
Closing date for applications: 24th of September 2019.
Salary: Max 4.500 USD per month, depending on the experience
Benefits: According to CCM country policy:
- Food and accommodation provided by CCM;
- Country medical cover in SSD and only for CCM staff (no family members);
- 2,5 leave days per month, plus 10 days of R&R every 10 consecutive weeks in the country;
- 600 USD per every R&R schedule to cover for flight/taxi outside of SSD.
Please, apply if the job condition are convenient for you.
Duties and responsibilities
The Health Advisor supports CCM activities providing technical inputs on the planning and monitoring of activities related to health system strengthening and health promotion. Specifically, the Health Advisor: analyses the health needs of the Country(ies) of his/her competence; identifies possible actions considering the local and international health policies, CCM strategy and the donors priorities; prepares projects proposals; and supports the Country Representative and Project Coordinators in the monitoring of the projects and activities implemented in the Country.
(She) He reports to the Country Representative and works functionally with the Operation Manager in the country. She (he) coordinates with the health/technical experts at Head Quarters level.
- (S)he analyzes the health needs of the country through the review of relevant documents, the participation to health (and health-related) coordination meetings and the organization of frequent field visits;
- S(he) promotes the sharing of technical documents, international policies and global best practices across the Country team and within the organization;
- (S)he identifies and defines the possible areas of action for CCM (through the planning of specific need assessment, stakeholder analysis and review of policy documents), according to the strategies of the Organization;
- (S)he prepares and/or revise the project proposals to be submitted to Donors, ensuring the respect of the guidelines and the health system country polices;
- (S)he supports the Country Representative, Project Managers and M&E Officer in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of CCM projects;
- (S)he supports the collection of health (and health-related) data at filed level, through the drafting and standardization of data gathering tools;
- (S)he validates and analyzes the health services data collected through the national HMIS system, promoting the use of routine evidence for timey programmatic decision;
- (S)he supports the Country Representative and Project Managers in the elaboration and preparation of technical surveys, according to the procedure established by the organization and the donor;
- (S)he supports the Country Representative and Project Managers in the selection and evaluation of relevant human resources;
- (S) He contributes to the transfer of skills and competence and the professional development of local staff;
- (S) He represents the organization in technical working groups and meetings with the institutional counterparts and stakeholders, providing a technical support to the Country Representative.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience and technical knowledge in Public Health and in the management of humanitarian and development projects, excellent analysis and project writing skills, good negotiations and team working capacities both with local and international partners.
- University degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences or other related fields;
- Post graduate degree in Public Health or related subjects;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in health interventions in developing countries;
- Demonstrated expertise in the identification and formulation of project proposals;
- Excellent skills and proven capacities in monitoring and evaluation;
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies (familiarity with DHIS would be an asset);
- Proven capacity in projects and human resources management;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Proven capacity in work planning and achievement of expected results;
- Willingness to work under pressure and long hours, if required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Fluency of both written and spoken English;
- Fluency in Italian would be an asset;
- Past experience in working with NGOs will be a strong advantage.
How to apply
Please send motivation letter and CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the vacancy reference in the email subject (Health Advisor South Soudan).
All applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org.