29 Ago WEWORLD – Project Manager Water Development – Libano
WeWorld sta selezionando un/a Project Manager Water Development da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata: 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature: 05 settembre 2022.
Project Manager Water Development – Libano
Reporting to: Head of Programmes/Program Manager.
Collaborating with: Water Advisor, Senior Hydraulic Engineer, and Support Departments.
Managing: Field team of 5-6 individuals.
Location: Lebanon, Bekaa, Zahle office with frequent visit to Field Areas.
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract.
Starting date: ASAP.
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile.
Application deadline: 5 September 2022.
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC started operating in Lebanon in 2006 and has refined its Water Governance Program for over seven years. Currently is implementing two multi-year water projects supporting public water and wastewater services through funding by AFD and EU-MADAD. Its approach is three-folded, and builds on (i) Infrastructural interventions to improve service delivery, (ii) Capacity Building to Water Establishments’ local offices, and (iii) Community Engagement to promote water accountability and public participation.
Purpose of the Role
Within this framework, WeWorld-GVC seeks to recruit a Project Manager to lead the implementation of the two projects. Under the direct line management of the Head of Programmes/Program Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing WeWorld-GVC’s components of the projects, in close cooperation with the project partners and the consortium coordinators, beneficiaries, and stakeholders.
Main functions and duties
Projects Management (70%)
- Plan and supervise the implementation of projects’ activities ensuring effective delivery in line with all donors’ regulations, Lebanese legislation and professional standards.
- Ensure satisfactory management of project budgets in collaboration with finance and logistics.
- Conduct procurement processes in collaboration with the logistics and finance Department.
- Closely monitor the contracted works and directly liaise with the consultants and contractors.
- Initiate and conduct assessments, baseline surveys, beneficiaries satisfaction surveys and end line surveys ensuring stakeholder participation.
- Plan and supervise the implementation of communication and behavioural change campaigns.
- Monitor and assess the progress of implementation of activities and devise corrective measures as and when required, ensure that project impact is maximized and lessons learnt are continuously documented and shared.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of internal and external reporting, in collaboration with the MEAL Department.
Communication, coordination and representation (15%)
- Ensure effective coordination with support Departments.
- Establish and maintain networks with operational and institutional interlocutors involved in the realization of the project.
- Represent WeWorld-GVC at relevant public, coordination and representation meetings involving local stakeholders, authorities, international agencies and NGOs.
- Prepare visits of donor representatives / HQ visitors / other stakeholders whenever requested.
- Participate in all Consortium relevant meetings, as well as relevant sector meetings or other relevant coordination bodies in the target areas.
Team Management and HR (15%)
- Ensure the appropriate staffing of the project, planning and implementing specific actions to recruit, manage and motivate staff.
- Ensure that directly line managed staff have clearly defined objectives, understand their responsibilities and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Provide support and advice to project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative and high performing working environment.
- Provide inputs for the update WeWorld-GVC strategies, by conducting needs assessments when relevant.
- Contribute to the development of competitive and responsive project proposals.
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties (i.e. Implementation of other specific tasks assigned by the Line Manager and preparation and transmission of additional information requested by HQ).
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Advanced University degree or equivalent in the field of Development Studies, Water Management, Project Management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- At least 4 years of experience in Project Management in development programs.
- Proven experience with impact-driven implementation of activities and team management, as well as logistics, MEAL and budgeting for programs above 1 M EUR.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform under stress condition.
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards.
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong commitment to WeWorld-GVC Mission.
- Previous experience in Lebanon or in the Middle East.
- Previous experience in Water programs.
- Availability to commit for a long-term deployment.
For more information and applications please consult the following link.