31 Dic WEWORLD/GVC – Country Representative – Tanzania
La ONG We World/GVC è alla ricerca di un/a Country Representative per la sua operatività in Tanzania. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza invio candidature 15 gennaio 2019.
Country Representative Tanzania
Reporting to: Desk Africa.
Location: Dar Es Salaam (TANZANIA).
Contract type: consultant 12 months.
Apply before: 15th of January.
Starting Mission: 1st of March, 2019.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date.
We World GVC Onlus, recently constituted from the merger of two Ngos, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, We World GVC Onlus operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering.
We World GVC Onlus works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda.
Joining the WE WORLD – GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
- In Tanzania We World GVC is leading a primary and pre-school-centered education and child protection program in Temeke and Kinondoni Municipalities (Dar es Salaam) and in Ludewa District (Njombe Region) and is supporting a Rescue Center in Dar es Salaam for children, adolescents and youths victims of trafficking, commercial sexual exploitation, domestic work, domestic and sexual violence.
- The overall action program is based on community-based projects implemented in partnership with local NGOs and in close cooperation with local authorities, through Memorandum of Understanding.
Scope of the job
The Country Representative will be responsible for the proper execution of the project and the coordination with national and international partners, local authorities and donors. He/She will be also responsible for the supervision and the overall coordination of the activities and human resources of the organization in Tanzania, as well as the development of the intervention strategy at country level in coordination with We World GVC staff in Tanzania and in the HQ. The Country Representative works under the direct supervision of the Desk Officer based in HQ.
Child Sponsorship Management: To make sure that the We World GVC procedures (child sponsorship Manual) are properly applied.
Projects management, monitoring, reporting, evaluation: to implement general activities of the projects, in accordance with the agreements and yearly plans; to monitor the project progress toward logical framework and budget, even by frequent visits on the field in order to gain a clear understanding of strengths and weaknesses, carry out mitigation measures, when needed, and assure the compliance with to M&V Procedures; to coordinate internal and external evaluations; to assure interim and final project reporting (activity reports and financial reports) in compliance with the set deadlines and procedures;
Projects’ identification and design: To assess needs, design project proposals and submit them to private and institutional donors.
HR, Administration and Office Management: to ensure a sound management of local Office (human, financial and physical resources, logistics), the annual Audit and reporting in compliance with national rules, coordination with HQ, maintaining frequent contacts with Desk Officers.
Networking: To develop and strengthen relationship with civil society (partnering NGOs, potential new partners and NGOs network), local authorities, thematic clusters, Italian Cooperation Office, UN system, European Commission and all relevant International Cooperation Agencies and Development Partners operating in the country.
Comply with the relevant standard procedures and policies of We World GVC with respect to HR Management, administrative system, Management Model Ethical Code, procedures relating to health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies according to the Dlgs 231/01.
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties due to his level of skills and experience.
- At least 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs or international organizations, with increasing responsibility (preferably in childhood and child sponsorship programs);
- At least 2 years of previous experience in the same position, with Country coordination and management of institutional relations.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Master’s degree (preferably in Economic Sciences and / or in Rural Development, Community Based Development);
- Proven experience in coordinating team and projects in a multicultural context, interpersonal and negotiation skills, flexibility in cultural and organizational terms;
- Good organizational skills, time-management and ability to manage responsibilities;
- Strong administrative competencies and good knowledge of the Accountancy procedures of the main international donors;
- Ability to assess needs and write new project proposal;
- Strong networking capabilities in dealing with stakeholders and, in particular, local authorities, institutions and donors at high levels;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (mandatory), spoken and written Italian (mandatory) and Kiswahili (an advantage);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent Excel user;
- Preferably previous experience in;
- Particular consideration to applicants with a previous significant work experience in Tanzania.
Skills and Abilities
- Capable of working in team;
- Excellent communication skill and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues;
- Very flexible, patient and with a positive attitude;
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned;
- Problem solving skills;
- Strong commitment to the Mission of We World, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
How to apply In Italian or in English to this link.
enclosing the following: Updated curriculum vitae, Cover Letter, including the expected salary. Specify three references, indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Only applications containing the consent to the processing of personal data under D.Lgs.196/2003 will be considered; incomplete applications will not be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted. WeWorld Onlus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.