31 Lug UPP – Mental Health Technical Advisor – Iraq
Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Mental Health Technical Advisor da inserire nella sua operatività in Iraq. Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 30 agosto 2019.
Mental Health Technical Advisor – Iraq
Position: Mental Health Technical Advisor.
Duration: 6 months to 1 year with 3 months probation.
Starting date: October 2019.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position Un Ponte Per… reserves the right to screen applications on a rolling basis.
Un Ponte Per… (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per… started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through awareness raising and advocacy campaigns, cultural exchanges, humanitarian and peace-building projects. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels. Since 2012 UPP implements several MHPSS programs to assist Syrian refugee, IDPs and Host Community based on international guidelines, integrating Mental Health and Psychosocial Support interventions, strengthening the local available services and building local capacities, providing culturally suitable community based MHPSS services. UPP includes key community members into organizational efforts and service provision to ensure cultural appropriate and non-stigmatizing interventions and the recognition of local positive coping methods while empowering the Refugee, IDP and Host Communities.
The project is oriented at improving the mental health conditions and the psychosocial vulnerability of Syrian Refugees inside Erbil Governorate and at building the capacity of health/non-health staff on MHPSS-related issues. The Mental Health Technical Advisor coordinates the multidisciplinary teams on the field, in line with UPP Standards of Procedures.
Roles and responsibilities: The MH TA will be responsible for:
- Building the capacity of the multidisciplinary teams through provision of on the job training, monitoring, and mentoring to UPP multidisciplinary teams in line with UPP SOPs on MHPSS;
- Supporting and monitoring the training provision to Protection actors’ staff, DoH staff and community members in and out of Camps, according to recognized international protocols;
- Developing technical material monitoring the continuous adherence of UPP SOPs on MHPSS with international recognized standards and monitoring the adequacy of the technical material created for the MHPSS projects activities, according to the context;
- Liaising with MHPSS related actors, including international (i.e. UN agencies) and National (i.e. DoH) partners involved in the MHPSS delivery;
- Attending relevant Clusters as well as other relevant MHPSS-related technical meetings.
Tasks related to the MHPSS Program/Project design
- Providing professional technical support and guidance to Protection and MHPSS projects (program strategy, assessments, evidence-based project design, MEAL) in collaboration with UPP Project Managers/UPP management, as well as together with the Donors/other Partners;
- Participating in psychosocial and protection needs assessments for new projects to be developed/adaptation of the existing projects or during interagency rapid needs assessments;
- Providing support in monitoring the implementation of MHPSS projects against M/E and Log frames and guide teams in integration of lessons learned. Lead the process of development of TORs, supervision of surveys and dissemination of results;
- Providing support in the research of emerging opportunities for new Protection and MHPSS programming, and lead project design in line with UPP strategy and Iraq clusters priorities and trend.
Competencies and assets required
- Degree in Psychology or Psychiatry;
- Minimum three years of professional experience in clinical treatments;
- Accredited experience in setting MHPSS activities in low income countries and or conflict-affected areas;
- Experience in planning and implementation of mental health programs;
- Experience in coordination of humanitarian aid projects;
- Proven experience as field trainer in related field;
- Good understanding of the project life cycle management;
- Excellent capacity to work in team;
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives;
- Ability to supervise and/or mentor the psychological staff;
- Previous work experience in humanitarian field;
- English mandatory (oral and written).
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision;
- Excellent reactivity and flexibility in all circumstances;
- Adaptability; able to work in remote if needed;
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Experience working under difficult security situation.
Competencies and assets desired
- Knowledge of Arabic language;
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, local institutions).
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com. Please reference “MH – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please name the files attached to your application as follow: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.