25 Nov UN PONTE PER – Adim desk officer – Italia
Un Ponte Per sta selezionando un/a Admin Desk Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata: 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature: 12 dicembre 2021.
Position Title: Admin Desk Officer.
Location: Rome (Italy), with frequent missions in Iraq and KRI.
Period: 1 year renewable with 3 months’ probation.
Closing date of the vacancy: 12th December 2021 (applications on a rolling basis).
Starting date: January 2022.
Context Presentation: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an international humanitarian organization, based in Italy. Originally named Un Ponte Per Baghdad (A Bridge to Baghdad), the association became simply Un Ponte Per after the extension of its work to the Balkans, as well as other Middle East and Mediterranean countries and Europe. UPP is currently active in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organizations. In Italy and in Europe, UPP works to promote peace and disarmament, human rights, refugees and migrants’ inclusion, women and girls rights and anti-discrimination. UPP strongly rejects war as a solution to international and national conflicts, and it considers fundamental rights claim indivisible from humanitarian intervention. UPP exerts relentless efforts with the ultimate objective of developing more equal and peaceful coexistence. For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/.
Organization setting: the appointed Admin Desk Officer refers directly to Head of Administration and Finance Department at HQs, and is conversely reference point to all appointed administrative personnel of all UPP programs and Offices in Iraq. The Admin Desk Officer coordinates constantly with the relevant Program Desk Officers and Project Managers for the administrative and financial component of programs and projects, as well as with the Mission Senior Managers (Country Director and Head of Mission/Head of Programs) for what concerns financial and administrative aspects. For Iraq, the Admin Desk Officer supports also the Logistics of the assigned projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting UPP Head of Administration and Finance Department at HQs and the Country Administrator at Field in preparing missions’ yearly budget forecast (staff, running and shared and indirect costs) and regularly monitor allocations and coverage;
- Carring out of regular, continuous and accurate internal financial management controls ensuring UPP’s and donors’ financial requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner whilst assessing potential risks;
- Supervising the relevant Project Managers and the project administrative personnel in preparing timely financial reports to donors, ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial rules and standards;
- Providing training, briefing and tutorship for administrative and non-administrative staff of assigned projects and/or offices, and to local partners when necessary, in order to ensure compliance with standardized accounting, administrative and logistics’ principles;
- Promoting through daily backstopping, mentoring and trainings and accurate monitoring of application of standard principles set by Anti-Fraud/Anti-Terrorism/Anti-Corruption/Whistleblowing, Anti-Money Laundering, Good Business CoC, Ethics and UPP’s Standard of Conduct in the assigned field;
- Exerting regular vetting procedures for relevant projects’ staff, suppliers/vendors/providers and contractors in general;
- Supporting the budgeting of new proposals or the reallocation of funded projects with specific inputs and ensuring the review by the appointed senior managers at HQs and the integration of the descending inputs/revisions;
- Paying regular monitoring visits to UPP offices in Iraq when requested;
- Supervising and coordinating external and internal audits, pre-assessments and micro-assessments preparation for the relevant parts;
- Leading the follow-up on external audits’ recommendations related to administration and constant concerned reporting to the senior managers in HQs;
- Supporting, when requested, in the recruitment of administrative staff;
- Liaising with HQs and donors in the provision of information, data, reports and queries on finance-related issues;
- Supporting in the monitoring and transfer of funds to and in Iraq;
- Part-taking in coordination and dissemination meetings with colleagues and promoting teamwork and constant coordination on the relevant subjects and projects;
- Performing other duties assigned by the Head of Administration and Finance in HQs, in line with the duties described above.
- University degree in Economics or equivalent working experience;
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in finance department/branch of NGOs;
- Experience of financial reporting and grant management with a range of external donors (UN Agencies/ECHO/EU/AICS etc.);
- Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines;
- Effective financial management skills and knowledge of finance systems and procedures;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to coordinate activities and teams;
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel;
- Very good command of Italian and English languages, Arabic is an asset;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and offer a solution-oriented approach;
- Determined and committed to high quality standards;
- Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues and partners in a serene and collaborative environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and high spirit.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: email@example.com. Please reference “Admin Desk Rome – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the following link.