30 Dic TDH – Country delegate/Project Manager – Palestina
Terre des Hommes Italia sta selezionando un/a Country delegate and Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 19 gennaio 2020.
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT) is an International NGO member of the International Federation Terre des Hommes, and of several Italian NGO coordinating bodies and networks.
We implement relief and mid-term programs and projects in 22 Countries in the fields of education, primary health, protection, livelihood, PSS and children’s rights.
In Palestine, Terre des Hommes Italia operates since 2000 with emergency and mid-term interventions supporting the fulfilment of the right to education, protection and health care of the most vulnerable communities living under occupation in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The focus of TDH It interventions are children. The fulfilment of their rights implies the involvement of their families and their communities at large.
Within this context, Terre des Hommes is looking for a Country Delegate and Project Manager for its Delegation in Palestine. The candidate shall have proven experience in managing mid-term interventions in ME countries, with a focus on education and child protection. She/he is required to have advanced communication and negotiation skills, a perfect command of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ financial and administrative procedures, a perfect command of the English language as well as the ability to work in partnership with organizations and institutions of different backgrounds.
Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the CD/PM’s family members.
Terms of Reference for the position:
Position: Country Delegate and Project Manager.
Duty station: Jerusalem with frequent visits to Ramallah.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Line Manager: Desk Officer.
Duration: One year with 2-month probation, renewable upon positive performance evaluation.
The selected candidate will be in charge of managing the partnership with the local partners and authorities, planning TDH Italy activities in the Country, supervising their implementation and reporting, while ensuring their qualitative and quantitative compliance with the project document, as approved by the donor.
In particular, she/he will be in charge of:
As Project Manager
- Hold regular meetings of the Project Leading Committee with the aim of designing the project’s activity plans, regularly monitoring their implementation, taking the decisions needed to face any emergency or unforeseen events affecting the implementation of the project;
- Select and hire the technical and administrative staff of the project, complying rigorously with Donor’s and Terre des Hommes Italia procedures; train the project’s staff on TDH Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct and make sure each staff abides by them;
- Manage the financial resources of the project strictly abiding by TDH Italia and Donor’s procedures. This implies: a. drafting quarterly plans of expenditures, in accordance with the activity plan and the approved project budget, in collaboration with the project administrator. b. regularly revise them in order to ensure a smooth implementation of the activities. c. regular check of the financial documentation prepared by the administrator; d. financial reporting to the HQ (monthly) and to the donor (according to the timeframe set forth in the Grant Contract);
- Design project Monitoring Plan and tools based on the project’s log-frame, supervise its correct implementation and the timely collection of all sources of verification;
- Draft reports requested by the Donor, according to the timeframe set forth in the Grant Contract;
- Participate actively to the implementation of the sponsorship programme in the area of the project and to all the initiatives taken by the Delegation in order to expand the activities of the organization in the Country and to improve their quality;
- Facilitate donor’s and HQ monitoring visits and ensure project visibility;
- Support the definition of security rules for project staff (local and expat) according to main TDH guidelines and ensure their implementation.
As Country Delegate:
- Manage the relationship with the local authorities and produce needed documentation to ensure TDH It compliance with their requirements;
- Represent TDH in front of donors, networks, clusters and local authorities as needed;
- Manage the Country offices and their staff;
- Identify funding opportunities and draft proposals;
- Manage the sponsorship program in coordination with local partners and HQ;
- Draft and supervise the management of the Delegation budget.
Requested qualifications and skills:
- University Degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Perfect Command of the English language. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset, Italian is a plus;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing projects in the field of children’s rights, protection, education or similar (of which at least 2 years in Middle East);
- Perfect knowledge of all the phases of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ procedures, including the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation;
- Ability to work in partnership with local organizations, under stressful conditions and to respect tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in team and high motivation to protect children’s rights;
- Sound problem solving, communication, negotiation and reporting skills;
- Good IT skills with high proficiency in word and excel.
Very important: Most of TDH It work is based in Jerusalem. Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and on daily basis from their residence to East Jerusalem. In case of foreign candidates, holding a passport which gives easy access to Palestine is imperative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a CV, listing at least three references and a motivation letter to: email@example.com, quoting the reference code: PAL 01-2020 not later than January 19th, 2020
TDH apologizes in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to time constraints, TDH reserves the right to start the selection process (including offering the position in case a suitable candidate is found) before the post’s closing date.