29 Lug OIKOS – Logistic & Administration Manager – Mozambico
ISTITUTO OIKOS sta selezionando un/a Logistic and Administration Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico. Durata: 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature: 31 agosto 2021.
Logistic and Administration Manager – Mozambico
International cooperation NGO based in Milan seeks
Logistic and Administration Manager
Pemba, Cabo Delgado, Mozambique
Istituto Oikos (www.istituto-oikos.org), founded in Milan in 1996, operates in Europe and in developing countries to promote the responsible management of natural resources and spread more sustainable life models as tools for socio-economic development and to fight poverty. Istituto Oikos operates in Mozambique and in particular in Cabo Delgado Province since 2012 with programs of conservation and natural resources management.
Since October 2017 the north of Mozambique has been affected by a suspected Islamist insurgency, with violent attacks displacing thousands of people and counter-attacks by the Government leading to human rights abuses. In addition, the area in April 2019, was hit by one tropical cyclone resulting in widespread destruction. To face the emergency context, Oikos has activated 3 emergency response programs in the Ibo district in the WASH, SHELTER and PUBLIC STRUCTURE RESTRUCTURING sectors, financed by institutional donors (IOM, UNICEF, GAIN) and private funds.
Location: Pemba (Cabo Delgado, Mozambique), with frequent field missions to Ibo (Quirimbas National Park) and Mecufi.
Salary and level of classification: between 2500 and 3500 Euro (gross salary), to be defined based on work and years of experience and qualifications held.
Conditions: Accommodation in charge by the collaborator.
Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by OIKOS.
Provision of medical and repatriation insurances.
Duration: 6 months with possible renew.
Collaboration beginning: 1 November 2021.
Under the supervision of the Country Coordinator, He/She is in charge of coordinating the logistic department and the logistic operations of Istituto Oikos in Moçambique performing administrative and technical tasks for the overall supply chain management. In particular He/She is in charge of following up the logistics activities to facilitate the operational actions of the project according to plans of action defined with Project Managers and Country Administration and according to the Oikos and Donor procedures. He/She is also supporting the PMs in budgetary monitoring and in preparation of all logistic and supply documents.
Appropriate supply chain for the project and offices management
- Ensure the follow-up of the supply for offices and projects;
- Establish and update purchasing timelines following the logistical constraints, in collaboration with PM;
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed;
- Ensure that purchasing documents are completed and archived in accordance with Oikos procedures;
- Regularize all purchases files;
- Update price lists, supplier files and purchase follow-up tools;
- Manage and document the movement and clearance of materials for the project, ensuring compliance with HQ mandated warehouse loading/unloading procedures.
Warehouse and stock management
- Ensure warehouse security and personnel safety is observed;
- Check, on a regular basis, that all warehouse records are up to date and accurate;
- Ensure the management of contingency and buffer stocks.
Construction activities supervision
- Monitor the construction sites;
- Ensure the proper management of materials and equipment in the construction sites;
- Review tenders, BoQs, designs and drawing for construction;
- Follow up to ensure the plan and BoQ are strictly respected.
- Recruit and monitor the performance of the logistics team through regular appraisals and action plan follow-up;
- Provide technical support to the logistics team and if needed, training sessions;
- Assist the Country Coordinator in maintaining good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics;
- Manage and document the movement of international staff within the project country (visas, tickets…);
- Ensure financial and administrative support;
- He/She is responsible for cost optimization; and uses budget tracking to achieve this; he/she ensures adequate financial resources for the running of the programme;
- As regards budgetary monitoring, He/She participates in team-based analysis (along with technical, administrative) and is responsible for detecting anomalies and proposing adjustments to the Country Coordinator and Project Manager.
Supervise fleet management
- Supervise Compound and facility management (office, guesthouse and health facilities);
- Supervise IT & communication management;
- Collaborate with the country coordinator in ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar roles;
- At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian interventions at international level;
- Ability to manage heterogeneous teams in remote areas;
- Experience in warehouse management, procurement, construction, distribution activities and book keeping;
- Experience in revenue and payment management;
- Good level of organizational and operational autonomy as well as ability to manage economic and human resources
- Proficiency in English language
The following will be preferred:
- Relevant experience in Mozambique;
- Knowledge of Portuguese language;
- Attendance to protection, logistic in emergency, security training programmes;
- Relevant technical experience in WASH and/or shelter sector.
To apply, please send your CV with the name, position and contact information of at least two references, and including letter of motivation (maximum 1 page) with authorisation to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to: email@example.com.
Indicate in the object: LA/21/MZ.
NOTE: Only the selected candidates for a first interview will be contacted and subsequently they will be updated on the status of the selection. Oikos reserves the right to close the selection early if a suitable candidate is identified “The successful candidate will be expected to comply with the following as a condition of employment:
- Signing a personal declaration stating any criminal conviction, including spent convictions.
- Getting a satisfactory clearance through a criminal record check in the country of origin, where possible.
- Accepting and committing formally to the OIKOS Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy.”
This selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).