28 Nov CESVI – International Education Coordinator – Kurdistan
La ONG CESVI è alla ricerca di un/a International Education Coordinator per la sua operatività nel Kurdistan. Durata contratto 10 mesi, rinnovabile. Termine invio candidature 31 dicembre 2018.
International Education Coordinator
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan (with field visits in the Niniwa Governorate)
Duration: 10 MONTHS, RENEWABLE
Salary Range: 2.400 – 2.500 € gross salary
Cesvi and PIN (People in Need) are members of the European network Alliance2015. With Cesvi administrative support, PIN started in November 2018 a 12 months project in Niniwa, with the objective of improving education of children and young people affected by the conflict through the provision of an inclusive-education program and psycho-social support with the involvement of families, teachers and local authorities. Expected results of the project are:
- Improved safety conditions and equipment of target schools.
- Enhanced the management and the quality of the education services.
- Active involvement of local communities in the promotion of the right to education and in the fight against school-dropout.
The project is located in the Niniwa Governorate, managed by main office in Erbil.
The selection process will be conducted jointly by Cesvi and PIN. Employment contract will be signed with PIN.
The Education Coordinator will be in charge to manage and coordinate the implementation of project activities in the sector of Education.
- be responsible for the daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning, guaranteeing project’s activities fulfil timely the scheduled objectives;
- plan, manage and monitor the activities in line with project’s documents, Donor’s rules and sectorial guidelines;
- develop and maintain track records of project’s outputs, supervise the activities, submit reports to the Funding Agency, to PIN and Cesvi HQ;
- be responsible for the selection, training and skills development of the project’s staff (related to education sector);
- ensure that project’s expenditures are in line with the financial plan;
- provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within due times;
- ensure, with other technical staff, the quality of the project’s activities through the creation, revision and adaptation of tools and education methodologies;
- manage the relations with AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) office in Erbil;
- actively participate to Education Clusters and Working Groups;
- provide support and technical inputs to project proposals’ writing (also for Cesvi, in support to Cesvi staff).
The main duty station will be Erbil, with frequent missions to field areas of Niniwa Governorate.
- Degree in International cooperation, Development studies and/or Social Sciences (preferably in Education).
- Minimum 4/5 years’ of experience in implementation of projects in humanitarian contexts, preferably in Education in Emergencies and/or Protection sectors in emergency contexts.
- Working knowledge of relevant child protection frameworks, Human Rights and Education in Emergency.
- Understanding of child protection issues faced by children in humanitarian contexts.
- Familiarity with protection clusters and/or protection and education working groups.
- Exceptional ability to work in post war / disaster affected environments with NGOs.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas.
- Good written reporting skills.
- Fair understanding of budget issues for humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning).
- Strong leadership combined with good interpersonal skills: diplomacy and negotiation.
- Proven staff management skills.
- Recruiting, training and mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively in fragile environments.
- Highly flexible with the ability to set priorities and change programmes according to issues that may arise.
- High proficiency of Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Master’s degree and/or post-grad diploma and/or specific trainings in Education in Emergency and / or Child Protection.
- Previous working experience in Middle East and/or Kurdistan.
- Previous experiences in managing AICS-funded (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency) projects.
- Previous experience in managing a consortium.
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Proposal writing skills.
- Start-up salary: 2 400 – 2 500 EUR monthly according to candidate’s experience (note before taxation and including per diems).
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work (including the flight related to the start and the end of the contract).
- Travel benefits in the form of additional two regional flight tickets per year.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure.
- Travel medical insurance – war zone tariff.
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line.
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expenses or housing allowance up to 700 USD monthly.
- 25 days of paid leave annually (compensational leave: if it occurs absolutely necessary work over weekend or on holidays is compensated proportionally 1:1).
To apply please forward CV and Cover Letter click Here