02 Ott CESVI – Consultant Proposal Writing (ECHO) – Mozambico
Cesvi sta selezionando un/a Consultant Proposal Writing (ECHO) da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico. Durata 1 mese. Scadenza candidature 05 ottobre 2019.
Consultant Proposal Writing (ECHO) – Mozambico
Since 2009 Cesvi works in Sofala Province supporting rural development and strengthening agricultural systems involving local farmer’s associations, implementing projects funded by the EU and by Italian Cooperation.
In order to respond to the cyclone IDAI emergency, Cesvi is scaling up its activities, in collaboration with the Alliance2015 consortium partners Concern and Welthungerhilfe, which are now operating under Cesvi flag in Beira and Nhamatanda.
Following joint assessments, Cesvi, Concern and Welthungerhilfe have distributed Shelter/NFI/Wash Kits along with Seeds/tools and a seed protection ration to approx. 8,500 HH in Nhamatanda district, funded respectively by Concern, Welthungerhilfe, IOM, UNICEF, FAO and WFP.
Currently the consortium is implementing an ECHO/Irish Aid/Alliance2015 transition and early recovery programme covering WASH and emergency shelter.
Food Security and livelihood activities are implemented directly with the funds of the consortium and the Valencia Municipality.
Furthermore Cesvi is applying for additional funds or call for proposals, in accordance with the country strategy.
The commitment so far is expected to last until the end of April 2020..
The collaboration will start as soon as possible or at the latest by 07th October 2019.
The main duty station will be Beira with field missions to Nhamatanda district.
Main tasks and duties:
Cesvi is searching for a proposal writer to assist on ECHO proposal development in Mozambique. Assignments are likely to deal with local authorities, and international partners (A2015 partners ) for field visits, data collection, preparation of agreements and fine tuning among the actors.
The idea of the project is to provide humanitarian food assistance and nutrition support to the most food insecure populations (drought- and flood-affected). It is required by the Donor that food assistance and nutrition actions are implemented in a timely manner during the peak of the lean season with a limited duration.
- The Proposal is written according to ECHO format and by the agreed timetable: conducting desk research and creating compiling background analyses, context analyses, and problem statements;
- The logical framework is prepared and completed : developing indicators and M&E;
- The budget is prepared and completed and consistent with the proposal, Cesvi and ECHO requirements;
- All work is to be conducted as a field-based assignment, and the Consultant will work closely with Cesvi’s HoM, Desk officer and Cesvi Emergency Team as focal points. officer as focal points.
- University degree in agriculture, social science, or development work;
- Minimum 3/4 years’ experience in project proposal writing;
- Experience in a corporate or an NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts;
- Experience in food assistance/emergency nutrition interventions;
- Knowledge of ECHO rules and regulations;
- Solid experience in needs assessments;
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member;
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently;
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package);
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Portuguese.
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
For more information and applications please consult the following link.