28 Giu CESVI – Capo Progetto – Tunisia/Libia
Cesvi Onlus sta selezionando un/a Capo Progetto da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia/Libia. Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 01 ottobre 2019.
Capo Progetto – Tunisia/Libia
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica sand Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target population. In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This include center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance, non-formal education
- UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli – urban areas);
- UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Urban areas and IDP camps);
- EU Trust Fund: Strengthening protection and resilience of displaced populations (Misrata – 4 detention centres and urban areas);
- EU EIDHR: Enhancing Women’s Rights and Gender Equality in Libya (Misrata – urban areas);
- WFP: School-feeding intervention (Qatrum and Zwara).
Following the registration obtained in January 2019, Cesvi is now expanding its action in Tunisia. New operations in the country are expected by the end of 2019.
The collaboration will start in October 2019.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular short missions to Misrata (Libya)(up to 75% of time). When security conditions do not allow it, the work will be implemented remotely from Tunis.
The Programme Manager Misrata is responsible for the overall coordination of the implementation of projects in Misrata and nearby locations.
S/he works in close coordination with the Senior Management Team composed by the Head of Mission, the Technical Unit Coordinator, the Programme Manager Tripoli,the Operations Manager and the Area Administrator.
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
- Ensuring that Cesvi Country programme portfolio is executed on time, on budget and delivers the expected outputs, outcomes and impact;
- Ensuring strategic coherence and vision of the newly defined country strategy and programming, based on active participation in the conduction of assessment, drafting new proposals and amendments;
- Ensuring a strong and consistent Cesvi representation in Cluster, Working group and donors meeting in Tripoli.
- Constant supervision of projects and project managers in Misrata, to monitor qualitative implementation as well as sound budget spending in each projects in Misrata and coordinating project managers in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance;
- Review of any variations / amendments for the extension or revision of the projects;
- Supervise the distribution of cash and NFI ( new and current emergencies);
- Coordinate missions to Misrata;
- Active participation in the new donors acquisition: identification of new projects within Cesvi’s sector, coordinate the entire process of finalizing new proposals in collaboration with the senior management team;
- Coordinate assessment in the country in coordination with the Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Give inputs to the SMT in the revision of the internal procedures manual and guidelines related to effective PCM;
- Give inputs to HoM and Area Administrator for office management and resource planning, including ensuring compliance in financial operation, budgeting and administration;
- Contribute to ensure an effective security management system in Misrata;
- Participate to cluster meetings, WG in Tripoli.
- Consistent experience in program management (at least 3 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget development and management, internal and external reporting;
- Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow up tools;
- Field experience and broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post- conflict contexts, and specific operational experience with refugee, emergency and recovery programming;
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations, including remote management;
- Demonstrated experience in meeting high, evidence-based monitoring and evaluation standards;
- Experience with different donors, including UNHCR and EU;
- HR staff management of both expats and national staff in challenging environments;
- Experience of capacity building, training and coaching;
- Experience delivering programs to tight deadlines;
- Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi ethnic team;
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability;
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever changing security scenarios;
- Good computer and IT skills;
- Strong communication and writing skills in English.
- Prior experience in Libya;
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security Protocols;
- Certified attendance to personal security training such as HEAT;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or French.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Tutte le informazioni e le modalità di candidatura sono disponibili al seguente link.