13 Gen AVSI – Capo Progetto – Iraq
Fondazione AVSI sta selezionando un/a Capo Progetto da inserire nella sua operatività in Iraq. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 30 gennaio 2020.
Capo Progetto – Iraq
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraq.
Supervisor: Deputy Country Representative.
AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972 in Italy, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project.
AVSI Foundation works towards development that is sustainable and capable of responding to the real needs of people. To this end, it works hard on projects focused on the challenge of education, in which the individual is accompanied and becomes the central character of their own development, and invests a lot of energy in promoting organizations within civil society.
Project Designation: The Project Manager will manage a UNICEF funded project that will empower young people to identify and design entrepreneurial solutions to challenges in their communities through inclusive and equitable quality education, social engagement opportunities, and an improved understanding of the socio-economic landscape that surrounds them. The project contributes to create the preconditions for a cohesive, peaceful and resilient society.
To manage the implementation of the ‘The Lab: Erbil: to build resilience and expanding educational and livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable adolescents and youth in the Governorate of Erbil’ project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate and supervise the implementation of the above-mentioned project according to the Donor and AVSI procedures, in coordination with the Country Director and Admin Department.
- To manage the financial aspects of the project in coordination with the Admin Department.
- To manage and supervise local staff members during the implementation of the project activities.
- To keep regular contacts with the Donor and the project Partners.
- To compile and collect all relevant documents.
- To submit regular reports (verbal and written) concerning the ongoing activities of the project.
- To assist AVSI in the development of new project proposals, in coordination with the Country Director and the MENA office.
- Particular attention will be given to the building of a strong relationship with the national and local associations and with the agencies involved in AVSI programs related issues.
- To implement regular field visits, in particular to Five One Lab’s existing innovation hub in Erbil, called “The Lab: Erbil”.
- Any other duties within your area of competence, as requested by your supervisors.
- Advanced university degree in Management, Economics, International Relations or equivalent working experience.
- Previous working experiences in managing Humanitarian Aid projects in the field (at least 2 years).
- Demonstrated experience in writing projects proposals.
- Previous experience of work in developing countries.
- Previous experience of working with local NGOs and Local Authorities as partners.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian project cycle management.
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors, with particular reference to UN Agencies.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office.
- Culturally sensitive and able to understand and work in a very complex context.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Good team player with strong initiative.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in difficult situations.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
- First date of availability to take up place in the field.