13 Gen ASIA – Capo Progetto – Mongolia
ASIA sta selezionando un/a Capo Progetto da inserire nella sua operatività in Mongolia. Durata 9 mesi. Scadenza candidature 25 gennaio 2020.
Capo Progetto – Mongolia
Position location and relationships
Area/department: International Projects.
Based in: Ulaanbaatar with frequent visits in the field (Sukhbaatar Province mainly).
Internal relations: HQ and ASIA Local Staff.
External relations: Local authorities (Province, Aimag and Soums actors) & other key stakeholders – International NGOs – Donors.
New Position: YES.
Position length: 9 months.
Allocation: Media literacy project.
Reference range gross salary/month: Around 2300 Euro/month according to the experience.
Also provided: VISA costs, round trip flight to Mongolia, SISCOS insurance, support for rental costs.
ASIA operates for the preservation of the identity and the historical and cultural heritage of the peoples of the Himalayan area, with particular attention to the people of Himalayan Region, and promotes processes of economic, social and health development centered on the local peoples with their own human, cultural and environmental resources.
ASIA works also in Myanmar, Nepal, and India. For further information: http://asia-ngo.org/en/
ASIA stablished a local office in Mongolia in December 2016 and obtained the registration in the Country in 2017.
To date, ASIA staff in Mongolia is composed by:
- 1 Administration Officer;
- 1 Project Manager Junior;
- 1 Cleaner.
- 1 translator/interpreter,
- 1 logistician,
- 1 Technical Assistant.
A training in HQ before departure will be planned.
- Organization and Planning;
- Results focused;
- Stress resistance;
- Adaptability and Flexibility;
- Effective communication;
- Problem solving;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Strategic vision.
Knowledge and experience required:
Training/Education: University degree (5 years or 3+2) or Master Degree Project Cycle Management
Management: Strong management skills and proved knowledge of the procedures of the main national and international donors,
- Strong ability in coordination and teamwork;
- Attitude to play a leadership role;
- Excellent communication skill and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues;
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned;
- Ability to work for goals in compliance with deadlines;
- Problem solving skills and strong resistance to stress;
- Strong commitment to the Mission of ASIA, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics and curious of the surrounding cultural contexts.
Previous experience (at least 2 years): Humanitarian experience; Experience in coordination of development projects; Experience in the field.
Organization knowledge: Excellent ability in planning, monitoring and controlling project activities.
Languages: Italian (native), English (at least B2 level).
IT systems: Computer skills including Windows and Microsoft Office/Excel.
Mobility (national/ international): Flexible with respect to working hours and place of work.
Position description – Position objectives and tasks
- To ensure that ASIA programming is effective, cost efficient and of high quality;
- To organize and manage ASIA local office and staff (logistic facility, purchasing of equipment, selection of personnel).
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donors;
- Develop action plan, budget plan, procurement plan during the execution of the project to ensure that the project results are timely met;
- Monitor project activities;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with ASIA and all stakeholders to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results;
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits (at least 4 days per month)
- Submit regular technical reports related to project activities to HQ, using ASIA templates;
- Ensure capitalization of programs documentation (including assessment reports, methodology, beneficiary selection and list, distribution reports, etc.…).
- In full compliance with local staff and HQ, ensure the administrative management of the project and country office related to: contracts, financial and accountancy (including the accounting control, financial reporting, procurement procedures, etc.), budget forecasting and monitoring, cash flow;
- Work closely with ASIA Administration Officer to ensure that the expenses are eligible according to the project budget;
- Ensure optimal use of project funds, according to the budget lines of the planned project objectives and activities;
- Ensure adherence and compliance to ASIA and donor’s financial and procurement guidelines;
- Preparation of financial reports and budgeting of any future initiatives.
Promoting and institutionalizing of ASIA management tools
- Use PROMO (Project Monitoring file) tool on a monthly basis;
- Update PROMO tool on a monthly basis online with financial projections for the project;
- Actively promote ASIA management tools among staff to adopt their usage in everyday work.
- Make new assessments and collect all pertinent information and data to support the design of further interventions/projects
- Research of new call for proposal related to Mongolia;
- Identify partners and projects: identify reliable partners, supervise them in drafting the project proposals to be submitted to donors and to local authorities;
- Drafting of new projects and budgets;
- Develop new partnership with international and local NGOs;
- Participation in meetings with other NGOs, local and international Organisation.
Candidates are invited to send within 25.01.2020 to email@example.com the following attachments (object “Program Manager – Mongolia”):
- Updated and signed curriculum vitae;
- Cover Letter;
- 2 references, indicating telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and relation with the candidate;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.