18 Nov 056. “Training Laboratory II: Designing Learning for Peace” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Training Laboratory II: Designing Learning for Peace”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Sebastian Schweitzer (Armenia)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: Objectives of the training is to strengthen the competences of youth educators in realising peace education activities that strengthen young peoples` resilience towards radicalisation and societal polarisation and foster their civic engagement.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 1-9 February 2022.
Venue place, venue country: Yerevan, Armenia
Summary: The training of trainers aims strengthen the educational competences of youth educators in realising peace education activities that foster young peoples` resilience towards radicalisation and societal polarisation and foster their civic engagement.
Group size: 24 participants.
For participants from: Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Ukraine.
Target group: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders.
Over the past years, Europe has seen a dramatic increase in populistic movements and narratives as well as societal polarisation. Those are often rooted in identity-based discourses and at many times linked to questions of identity, ethnicity and values. In order to capitalise on the potential of youth work to counter populism we need to overcome the obstacles that youth workers and youth organisations have in addressing societal polarisation and radicalisation through their work with young people.
Therefore, the project aims to strengthen the capacities of organisations working in the youth field to respond by educational means to the growing societal polarisation and radicalisation alongside fundamental cleavages existing within the societies in the EU and its Eastern Partnership region.
Objectives of the project:
• To strengthen the competences of youth educators in realising peace education activities that strengthen young peoples` resilience towards radicalisation and societal polarisation and foster their civic engagement;
• To develop innovative and needs-based educational activities and materials for peace education in the youth field, especially for addressing societal polarisation and radicalization;
• To intensify transnational cooperation between the participants.
The training programme is composed of the following activities:
• Training of Trainers (01 – 09 February 2022, Yerevan, Armenia): a training course for 24 youth workers and youth educators on designing and facilitating youth peace education courses on countering societal polarisation and populism.
• Dissemination activities (February – April 2021): after the training course, the project aims to publish online (on relevant youth platforms) educational resources, tools, and sessions based on the participant-led workshops in order to make the developed educational resources accessible for other youth workers.
The programme will address the following topics:
• Concepts, principles and practices of youth empowerment for countering populism and radicalization;
• Designing educational activities to counter radicalisation and populism;
• Training and facilitation of educational activities to counter radicalisation and populism;
• Networking between the participants.
Participation fee No.
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and food are free for the participants.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to the maximum amount indicated below for each country. Armenia – 25 EUR per person; Belarus – 250 EUR per person; Georgia – 100 EUR per person; Ukraine – 250 EUR per person; Germany – 400 EUR per person; Poland – 350 EUR per person; Italy – 350 EUR per person; Spain – 500 EUR per person. Reimbursement will only be done based on actual incurred travel costs upon presentation of the respective travel documents (invoice, travel ticket, proof of payment etc.). Please bear in mind that we do not reimburse first class travel tickets or taxi costs.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 29 November 2021.