28 Giu 034. “Songs For Rights Training” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Songs For Rights Training”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Jochen Schell (Germania)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: A unique approach to Human Rights education combining the power of music and the principles of Human Rights.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 13-16 October 2023.
Venue place, venue country: Landesmusikakademie, Berlin, Germany.
Summary: A unique approach to Human Rights education combining the power of music and the principles of Human Rights, created for musicians, activists, teachers, youth workers, educators, or anyone passionate about social change.
Group size: 15-20 participants.
For participants from: Erasmus+ Youth Programme countries; Other countries in the world; Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU.
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Volunteering mentors, Youth coaches, Teachers, Educators, Musicians, Activists.
Songs for Rights training offers a unique approach to human rights education that combines the power of music and the principles of human rights. By participating in this Songs for Rights Training, you will learn how to facilitate workshops where groups learn about human rights using musical methods and where they write, compose and record their own human rights song(s).
What to expect from the training?
Get ready for a hands-on, interactive, and praxis-oriented experience! We believe in learning by doing, which is why our program includes 2 online coaching sessions (1 before and 1 after the training), 4 intensive training days at the Landesmusikakademie Berlin, and a toolkit with video tutorials for your continued learning. For you to get the best out of the training, we have designed a variety of activities and exercises that you will participate in, as both a workshop participant and facilitator. You’ll also receive feedback from our trainers to help you improve. And as a special bonus, you’ll get the chance to write, compose, and record your own song during the training. So get ready to dive in and take your skills to the next level!
What you will learn:
In this training, you’ll discover the innovative Songs for Rights LACPA approach – an effective method for learning, assimilating, creating, producing, and advocating for human rights through the art of music.
The program is designed to enhance your skills in facilitating effective training sessions for others. The training emphasizes the development of facilitation skills, including active listening, group management, and communication techniques that encourage participant engagement. You will learn how to create an interactive learning environment so you can adapt your style to meet the diverse needs of your audience. If you are looking to enhance your ability to deliver engaging and effective training sessions, this training is ideal for you. By the end of the program, you will have gained the knowledge and skills to deliver high-quality training programs and workshops that will support the professional development of others.
More concretely you will:
• Discover the Songs for Rights LACPA method for human rights education through music.
• Learn and apply the five essential Songs for Rights principles (PIJEQ) of participation, inspiration, joy, empowerment, and quality.
• Explore a range of musical activities, exercises, games, and energisers for diverse target groups.
• Gain skills in writing, composing, and recording songs that tackle pressing social issues.
• Learn how to produce your own music video and advocate for human rights through music.
• Set up, organize, manage, and facilitate your own Songs for Rights workshops.
• Use music to engage with people and bring about positive social change.
Early Bird: 200€.
The fee covers:
• 4 full days of training & evening sessions at the Landesmusikakademie Berlin.
• 2 online coaching sessions (one before & one after the training).
• Vegetarian/ vegan lunches and coffee breaks.
• Songs for Rights Training Toolkit.
• Access to online learning tools (e.g. video tutorials).
• Certificate from Songs for Rights, International Academy Berlin & Landesmusikakademie Berlin.
(Please note that the participation fee does not include accommodation.)
Early bird: The early bird fee is a discount price that is offered to participants who register for the training before 31.06.2023.
Standard: The standard fee covers each person’s attendance and includes the full training & coaching.
Accommodation and food
Vegetarian/ vegan lunches and coffee breaks are included in the participation fee. Please note that the participation fee does not include accommodation. You are responsible for arranging and covering the costs of your accommodation during the training.
Please note that you are responsible for arranging your own travel and covering the costs.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 30 July 2023.