29 Apr 025. “Do IT in Youth Work” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Do IT in Youth Work”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Sandra Miladin (Croazia)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: To educate youth workers in methods and tools necessary for development of digital competencies of young people.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 5-8 July 2022.
Venue place, venue country: Šibenik, Croatia.
Summary: The main aim of this training course is to educate youth workers in methods and tools necessary for development of digital competencies of young people.
Group size: 25 participants.
For participants from: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries; Western Balkan countries.
Target group: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Volunteering mentors.
This training course on digital youth work composed of both online and offline elements aims at empowering youth workers and helping them develop digital competencies of young people they work with. New generation of youth, born into the 21st century, grew up with technology all around them. Digital youth work today more important than ever – we can use digital media and new technology to enhance youth work. Digital youth work, as stated in different documents, is used to describe work that can happen in face-to-face situations, social and group settings as well as in online environments – or in a mixture of these. It is relevant to all youth work pedagogies and can enhance all types of practice. During this training course, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about the digital youth work, digital safety, STEM education and how to use different tools, such as LEGO and 3D printing in their work. It is intended for youth workers who are at the beginning of their professional path and want to gain new knowledge in the field of digital youth work. Training course will be implemented online and offline. Participants will be asked to participate in e-learning course before the live training itself.
To educate youth workers in methods and tools necessary for development of digital competencies of young people.
• To empower youth workers and other youth work professionals for setting up a strategy for digital youth work;
• To present methods, tools and activities which can be used in digital youth work;
• To analyse how non-formal learning can be complemented with digital tools and STEM education;
• To explore benefits and disadvantages of online learning;
• To get familiarized with tools such as Snapchat, TikTok, Miro, and other tools used in youth work;
• To experience and learn how to use various spaces (open-air, analog/digital) to create a supporting learning environment (e.g. how to use building blocks such as LEGO to talk about STEM, how to use 3D printing in youth work);
• To support networking and connection of participants in future collaboration in digital youth work.
This project is financed by the participating National Agencies (NAs) of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
Unless specified otherwise, the hosting NA or SALTO of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your NA or SALTO in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 15 May 2022.