31 Ott SLOW FOOD – Proposal writer & project manager – Italia
Slow Food sta selezionando un/a Proposal writer & project manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata: 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature: 20 novembre 2022.
Slow Food is a global grassroots organization that envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it and good for the planet. Slow Food involves over a million activists, chefs, experts, youth, farmers, fishers and academics in over 160 countries.
The Proposal writer & project manager is responsible for the technical management of Slow Food’s projects financed by Institutional donors. The Proposal writer & project manager reports to the International Relations office’s coordinator in Bra (Italy) to define the strategy and the relationships with single donors, the project proposals, the implementation of activities and the management of projects’ reports.
Slow Food HQ in Bra, Italy, occasional travels required.
Good working knowledge of English and a second language (preferably Spanish). Knowledge of Italian is an asset.
As soon as possible.
Type of contract
Fixed-term contract (1 year) – possibility of renewal.
at least 3 years of experience in the same professional role.
Duties and reponsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Proposal writer & project manager will be:
Project design and external relations:
- to collaborate with the International Relations office and other relevant Slow Food’s offices for the drafting of new project proposals;
- to research new institutional funds to sustain Slow Food’s activities;
- to actively participate in projects meetings and, when requested, be available to organize and participate in field visits and meetings;
- to manage the relationship with the donors and project partners for the writing and implementation of the project in collaboration with the relevant offices;
- to maintain relationships with donors and other stakeholders, concerning the technical management of projects and the possibility of future project proposals.
Management of running projects financed by institutional donors (mainly EU, foundations and international organisations):
- to support the relevant Slow Food’s offices to ensure the implementation of funded projects;
- to ensure the constant monitoring and the correct implementation of the project’s activities defined in the project documentation, verifying the potential changes (chronogram, activity and budget) in collaboration with the relevant offices (network, project and contents, communication, etc.);
- to create the necessary documentation for activities, indicators and monitoring sources in the phases of implementation and evaluation (internal and external);
- to prepare the internal and technical-narrative reports requested by donors;
- to collaborate to prepare the necessary documentation for audits;
- to ensure the respect of exposure links requested by donors and the implementation of structured visibility actions.
Qualities and experiences sought:
- at least 3 years’ relevant work experience in projects writing and implementation;
- familiarity with the programmes and procedures of donor agencies, such as the EU, foundations and UN agencies;
- previous experience in projects related to food systems, agriculture, environment, culture and development is an asset;
- fluency in English and Spanish written and spoken (level C1-C2 Europass) and basic knowledge of Italian language, mainly used to communicate with colleagues at the HQ;
- excellent proposal and copy writing skills and the ability to write compelling funding propositions for funders;
- motivation to write and manage projects for a transition towards more sustainable food systems in the world;
- sound donor stewardship skills including preparation of high quality donor reports and ensuring compliance with funder requirements;
- strong monitoring skills and ability to contribute to the delivery of results;
- computer literate, good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and familiarity with the main IT tools;
- excellent coordination, organisation and networking skills as well as strong time management skills;
- have strong experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders coming from different backgrounds, cultures and sectors;
- attitude to work in team and under pressure, respecting deadlines and managing challenging workload; be prepared to work outside normal office hours if necessary;
- be service minded, accountable and able to work autonomously;
- preferable a relevant academic degree (including development and cooperation, international relations, management, environmental sciences or similar);
- experience with our Slow Food’s worldwide movement is a plus.
Slow Food offers:
- compensation will be communicated to short listed candidates. The contract will have a limited duration of one year that could be extended. The assignment will start as soon as possible. The person should be located at the Slow Food HQ in Bra, Italy;
- a dynamic working environment;
- a challenging and worthy cause to advocate for in an international, highly motivated environment: you will help promote good, clean and fair food for all;
- the opportunity of being part of a grassroots worldwide food movement where to give your ideas and input, ensuring the success of the organisation.
How to apply
If interested, please send your cover letter in English together with your CV for the attention of Paola Roveglia, Coordinator of the International Relations office, by November 20th 2022 at 23.50 (CET) e-mail: m.dotta@slowfood; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are likely to be held physically or through Zoom/Teams in the month of November and December 2022.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Due to limited staff resources and expected numbers of applications, ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL RECEIVE A REPLY.