30 Set INTERSOS – Project Medical Referent – Siria
INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Medical Referent da inserire nella sua operatività in Siria. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 06 ottobre 2020.
Project Medical Referent – Siria
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Medical Referent.
Duty station: Damascus, Syria.
Starting date: 01/11/2020.
Contract duration: 12 months.
Reporting to: Hierarchical: Programme Coordinator; Functional: Head of Medical Unit.
Supervision of: 1 National staff.
General context of the project
Covered by a project funded by UNFPA on health-protection (still under final approval), but in charge of the supervision of of other health-focused projects of the Syria mission (reproductive and maternal health, mobile health units and primary healthcare, provision of medical supplies, COVID-19 prevention and response)
General purpose of the position
The PMR will participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programmes in the health projects in accordance with INTERSOS protocols as well as coordinate human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by INTERSOS. He/she will be responsible for the coordination of medical activities and resources in the mission in the absence of a Medical Coordinator.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Daily operations & activities
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, the Head of Medical unit HQ and the rest of team defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors;
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, responsible for the implementation of activities of health-focused projects in coordination with the Logistics, Procurement and Finance departments;
- In coordination with HQ Medical Unit being the focal person in case of absence of the Medical Coordinator to coordinate medical activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc…).
Monitoring & Reporting
- In cooperation with the Programme Coordinator and the HQ Medical Unit, contribute to the set-up and oversight of a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Leaning (MEAL) plan and related tools for the Health Programme of the mission;
- Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the programme.
- Provide technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities;
- Develop and deliver capacity building sessions tailored to the medical team members in order to strengthen both technical skills in health programming and project cycle management (PCM);
- Coordinate, supervise, coach, support and evaluate the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards;
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Programme Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staffs capabilities.
External relationships & Coordination
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, establishes and maintains regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, medical actors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the target areas;
- Proactively participates in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies;
- In close coordination with the Programme Coordinator and clusters, develop and establish internal and external functional and effective referral and coordination mechanisms at the field level.
- In coordination with the Senior Management Team and HQ Medical Unit, supports in the drafting of INTERSOS Syria Country Strategy, incorporation all health programming components.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced University Degree in Medicine or other Paramedical Studies. Desirable specialization/Degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as Medical referent/Health Project Manager in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments, with supervision of staff;
- Knowledge of the Syrian context and experience in governmental requirements.
- Competence and experience in public health and health programming in humanitarian contexts;
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM) and MEAL;
- Experience in supervision and capacity building of national staff;
- Knowledge of GBV highly recommended;
- Knowledge of the MENA region and especially the Syrian context;
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
- Demonstrated experience with different donors compliance and reporting, as well as project management.
- Fluency in English;
- Arabic preferable.
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation;
- Strategic vision;
- Results and quality orientation;
- Behavioural flexibility;
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles;
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link.
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-53-1576 – Project Medical Referent – Syria”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.