29 Apr 026. “Civic Education and Human Rights” – Training Course
TITOLO PROGETTO: “Civic Education and Human Rights”
RICHIESTA PROVENIENTE DA: Yumuktepe Genclik Grubu (Turchia)
TIPOLOGIA: Training Course
ARGOMENTO: The aim is improving competences on civil rights and human rights through non-formal education method.
PAESI PARTNER CHE HANNO GIÀ ADERITO: –
Activity date: 4-11 June 2022.
Venue place, venue country: Mersin, Turkey.
Summary: Civic Education and Human Rights is a project that brings together participants from 8 different countries and focuses on improving their competences on civil rights and human rights through non-formal education method.
Group size: 34 participants.
For participants from: Denmark, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia.
Target group: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth researchers.
Today, 2.5 billion young people aged 15-30 around the world are the largest generation ever to impact the societies they live in. These young power values, attitudes, and skills will fundamentally shape the future of the societies and nations they belong to. By adopting the impact of today’s youth on the future of European countries, many governments and international Youth Organizations are increasingly interested in these young European citizens. It shows that youth can have a huge impact on the development of society, new policies in different European countries, and the development of the program by promoting youth development and youth participation as a promising approach to development. The European region is home to young Europeans between the ages of 15 and 30. As countries in the European Region experience growing economies, expanding civil societies, and political transitions, they have an important opportunity to use the energy of young people to greatly advance social, economic and human development. Nevertheless, in order to collect this “demographic dividend”, young people must be equipped with human and social capital skills and abilities to become responsible and productive citizens.
• To educate youth workers about their rights and responsibilities as citizens and channel their energy into positive avenues within prevailing political frameworks;
• To enable youth workers to participate in the public sphere, civic engagement;
• To foster a political culture of tolerance and social engagement, producing youth workers with informed and responsible notions of citizenship;
• To enhance the number and quality of opportunities for youth civic engagement by raising awareness about its impact on positive youth development;
• To increase investment in such programs, and foster a community of practice that can work to implement these programs;
• To give the opportunity to engage and provide with the skills to make a meaningful contribution to their communities that can form the vanguard of transformation in their societies;
• To empower youth workers and provide them with a sense of responsibility and possibility that is a prerequisite for their becoming active participants in their own development, as well as that of their societies;
• To help youth workers acquire soft skills, civic engagement programs of sufficient duration and sophistication;
• To help cultivate the human and social capital of youth workers in both its political (organized political formations) and ‘non-political’ forms (i.e. voluntary service, social work, and community development -to involve youth workersin lobbying and by training young people in various skills.
No requested participation fee.
Accommodation and food
The food and accommodation are covered throughout the project (04-11 June) from the project budget. It covers 3 meals and coffee breaks.
Danish European Mobility | Denmark – 4 participants – 360 Eur / participant; Romag| Serbia – 4 participants – 275 Eur / participant; Association of Intercultural Mediators Network | Italy – 4 participants – 360 Eur / participant; Asociatia Allons-Y| Romania – 4 participants – 275 Eur / participant; Koinoniki Ensomatosi – ASTIKI MI Kerdoskopiki Etaireia| Greece – 4 participants – 275 Eur / participant; Innova Lab Bitola| The Republic of North Macedonia – 4 participants – 275 Eur / participant; Stichting Wave Education | Netherlands – 4 participants – 360 Eur / participant.
Working language: English.
SCADENZA: 19 May 2022.